Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php on line 380

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 110

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
After brake upgrade kit for R33gtr - Hardtuned.net
←  Nissan GTR (gtroc.com)

»
Hardtuned Classifieds

After brake upgrade kit for R33gtr

MidnightMods's Photo MidnightMods 27 Apr 2011

The track gtr is having a hard time on the brakes, Want to upgrade the brakes.

Where is the best place to buy a kit these days, looking something like a alcon kit.

360ish mm or around that.

Edd-GTR's Photo Edd-GTR 27 Apr 2011

Hm, I suppose call up Alcon and get some info on what calipers/rotors best suit your application? Then ring around and find a good price from someone else? :P :lol:

That was the plan :P

With the aud/usd so good, would be good to find something over seas too.
Local everyone wants way to much.

Edd-GTR's Photo Edd-GTR 27 Apr 2011

Everyone is going batshit for Willwood in the US nowdays, could be worth a look?

The lack of dust covers over the pistons puts me off, esp tracks like sandown and phillip island having large sand traps.

mop's Photo mop 28 Apr 2011

No race kit has dust boots. The piston has internal o-rings just shy off the inner edge only small stones n dust wud gather but unlikely to push past.

Any way why are u in the sand traps anyway lol.

blingcommander's Photo blingcommander 28 Apr 2011

if you never end up in the sand traps you aren't pushing hard enough

mop's Photo mop 29 Apr 2011

That's no true lol, u just need brakes the won't fail on ur ass and tyres that won't lead u astray.

blingcommander's Photo blingcommander 29 Apr 2011

thats ok if you want to not go any faster.

Edd-GTR's Photo Edd-GTR 30 Apr 2011

Get a jap kit?

GReddy make kits. Hella expensive though!

mop's Photo mop 01 May 2011

I import brake kits by Option Motors they dp 330/355/380mm kits 8/6/4 pots full kit front n rear works out at about half that of a greddy kit.

We run a greddy kit on one of our subies and option kit on another of our race subies and also on a mk5 gti golf.

Caliper kits are almost identical across the difference being brand name.

RBJETT's Photo RBJETT 01 May 2011

i got BIG alcons on mine. 6 pot fronts 4 pot rears. unsure exactly what size they are, altho a 18" GTR wheel is hardpressed to fit over it
they pull up great. you wont be disappointed
Edited by RBJETT, 01 May 2011 - 10:08 AM.

djhatzigiannis's Photo djhatzigiannis 01 May 2011

pierres has a set of alcons ask him

STR8E180's Photo STR8E180 01 May 2011

View PostEdd-GTR, on 30 April 2011 - 12:35 PM, said:

GReddy make kits. Hella expensive though!
They are the exact same brake kit as JBT
Better of going JBT over Greddy as they're cheaper and the exact same

Boz-Spec's Photo Boz-Spec 14 Jun 2011

alcon kit is 8,500 and u will not be dissapointed... bolts straight on running the standard lines

6 piston front 365mm rotor
4 piston rear 335mm rotor

with ferodo ds3000 pads so far i have got 16,000kms on those pads and will make 20,000 im sure
with a hard press when hot they will still lock up at over 160+ km/h thats with 18x265 all round Posted Image

Brandt Tews's Photo Brandt Tews 13 Jun 2013

I have 375 dbr rotors and endless semi comp pabs in th brembos,track days, D class time attack,not a problem, just up grade your pads,not your calpiers.