Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Help! - Hardtuned.net

Help! 

51 replies to this topic

#1 schmenz

• Car:93 Mx5 Clubman

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

Now, hopefully that got your attention!

I am in need of toning the typical female parts(because well I am a female haha):

Bum
Belly
Thighs

I eat reasonably healthy but the main issues I have are lunch time options, so if you have any suggestions that include ham or chicken that would be awesome.

I have a few issues with some cardio workouts, which sucks because I enjoy them but I have a dodgy hip so treadmill and frequent exercise bike use aren't able to be done.

Currently I am debating going back to the gym just for the bike (in moderation), rowing machine, cross trainer plus their weight machines.

So really, I'm after some good excercise and diet tips as per above. I'd like to ideally lose about 5kg also BUT tone up as well, so what should I focus on first?

Cheers,

Jenna

ps. I figure after being a member on here for over 6 years I will receive mature responses!

#2 -Truck-

• Car:VIP Y31 Cima

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:10 AM

Is your hip dodgey only with running etc or is it dodgey with something like a squat motion as well?

Because one of the best excercises you can do for the above 3 things you want to work is te back squat.

Edited by -Truck-, 09 November 2011 - 09:10 AM.

#3 schmenz

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:21 AM

View Post-Truck-, on 09 November 2011 - 09:10 AM, said:

Is your hip dodgey only with running etc or is it dodgey with something like a squat motion as well?

Because one of the best excercises you can do for the above 3 things you want to work is te back squat.

It is quite random sometimes, so even if I take the dog for a walk I can get pain. Sitting on the couch and getting up I get it, putting my feet up on the coffee table or standing on the opposite foot sometimes I get it so it could be a bit hit and miss.

I have some weights at home, 6 and 8kg dumbells plus a 10kg (I think cant remember) kettlebell. I just feel some exercises seem so easy that I wont see results!

Thats the other thing, with toning up obviously losing weight at the same time will be difficult to guage on scales.

#4 -Truck-

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:45 AM

Well for starters do some walking lunges. Add dumbbells + weight(not too much) if it's super easy. See how your hip copes. And toning while losing weight your diet will have to be spot on.

And if you dig the whole home workout thing buy some more kettle bells and ask Liam for a program. The man is a genius

#5 Slippery Gypsy

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:22 AM

think trucks got it spot on.

Lunges and squats are great exercises...and eating clean will fix the weight loss. 2 for 1 special

#6 schmenz

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:26 AM

Tha main issue I've had in the past is eating healthy + exercising but not seeing any progress, do you guys do weekly weigh ins, measurements and progress photos or what!?

#7 steveP

• Car:Galant VR4

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:06 AM

I would recommend trying some gym group classes. It will keep your motivation up and show you the correct way to do each exercise.

#8 Slippery Gypsy

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:14 AM

Progress photos can be misleading, very misleading. I have a few from January, and I haven't taken any since.

I keep a log of why weights im doing everyday, how many sets and weight. I see progress in log; for instance, January I was doing 35kg db bench for 6 reps; now im doing 50kg db bench for 8 reps.

Also semi log what I eat. I'm not noting down what I eat every second. I also do a weigh in and measurements once a month

#9 -Truck-

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:15 AM

I usually weigh in weekly on a Saturday morning after I've been to the toilet etc.

If you cam stick to a diet properly the weight will drop off. I lost 7ish kg in 6 weeks of hard training ad strict diet a few months ago and have just started the same process for 4 weeks since Monday. Hoping to drop 3-5kg.

This is all with minimal to zero cardio work.

Liam for president.

Edited by -Truck-, 09 November 2011 - 11:16 AM.

#10 Slippery Gypsy

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

Its all trial and error.. Take photos and keep a log with measurements and weight Jen.

#11 zeropsi

• Car:Fagstra

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

For where you lack in diet you'll have to add cardio. Simple as that.

Toning is a terrible word. You can't be defined without building muscle. The aim is to build muscle and lower body fat%

As truck said. Back squats do wonders for your bum, belly, thighs but that puts pressure on your hip. Avoid mindless sit-ups etc. They'll do nothing for you in the long run.

I weigh in every Monday morning. I'm hitting gains instead of losing though. But same principal applies. Keep a log of everything you do.

See Liam for diet. I have to get onto him to help me out. Good luck.

Edited by zeropsi, 09 November 2011 - 12:04 PM.

#12 Slippery Gypsy

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

I do cardio anyway when losing fat; Truck and Gareth will grill me for it, But a diet isn't enough for me; I added cardio in and got some good fat loss results.

Yeah, Come @ me boys.

#13 -Truck-

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:51 PM

gareth was pro cardio

i enjoy running n shit, it just eats into crucial healing time with the harsh program liam gives me to drop fat.

#14 Shark

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

Diet is definitely the most important thing for a woman imo.
My girlfriend joined a gym and started her own diet, and lost 10kgs in about 10 weeks. Granted she saw more results when she walked/ran/did light weights, so the more you can do the better.

btw whos Liam?

Edited by Shark, 09 November 2011 - 04:26 PM.

#15 omglolz

• Car:'90 mx5

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

Going off topic...but have you got any pics of your rims schmenz?

#16 -Truck-

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

View PostShark, on 09 November 2011 - 04:25 PM, said:

Diet is definitely the most important thing for a woman imo.
My girlfriend joined a gym and started her own diet, and lost 10kgs in about 10 weeks. Granted she saw more results when she walked/ran/did light weights, so the more you can do the better.

btw whos Liam?

liam = Richard Cranium (oompa loompa as his avatar)

Edited by -Truck-, 09 November 2011 - 05:07 PM.

#17 Shark

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

ah right. didnt know that was his name.. thought it was just dick head
edit: swearing filters do not own me.

Edited by Shark, 09 November 2011 - 06:02 PM.

#18 DRIFTKID

• Car:Stagea

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:46 PM

Try keto at a defecit with around 1400kcal and sub 50g carbs and lowish fat, with 1 day 1800kcal with 200g carbs.

aim for at least 2g protein per kg bodyweight.

Hard to give infomaiton with no detials about you.

Full body weights 3 times week add 2 days cardio.

Edited by DRIFTKID, 10 November 2011 - 10:47 PM.

#19 schmenz

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:14 AM

Alrighty, joining Jetts gym again in the next few days, going to be working on cardio and weights, normally I do both when I'm at the gym is this an issue at all? I normally do about 30 min of cardio then the remaining 30 min I do targeted weights (stomach and legs).

I do pole dancing classes every Friday so the increased strength will help out HEAPS for that as its something I really enjoy doing.

#20 zeropsi

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:52 AM

I'm going to say that you should be fine as you wont be moving mountains of weight.

Make sure you smash the back squats if it doesn't cause you discomfort.

#21 -Truck-

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:59 AM

And I'd get that PT friend of yours to show you the proper form for a squat. Very easy to do wrong.

And you don't want injuries a few weeks into training :)

#22 schmenz

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

I don't tend to do any squats or anything, I mainly use the weights machines... they seem to do an ok job, well the last time I was going to the gym!

#23 zeropsi

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:50 AM

If you can squat. They will be 1000 times more benificial than the machines. Especially for the muscles you want to target.

Also with free-weights you also need the element of balance which is alot more benificial when attacking those muscles. But as you said you have a dodgy hip which might not cope with the squat motion too well. But if you can, you will benifit so much in comparison to a machine. You will also bypass the need for countless hours of mindless isolation exersizes.

#24 Your Strange

• Car:Evo 6.5

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

not sure if you have access to a pool but squats won't cause discomfort but great bennifits. I have to do my lower body excercise in the pool due to bad injury and my strength and butt is about 300% better just after a few months.

when I first started I have my back agaist the pool for stability but now I can squat without the support now. aqua classes are really good aswell to learn techniques.

#25 schmenz

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:44 AM

View PostYour Strange, on 14 November 2011 - 11:38 AM, said:

not sure if you have access to a pool but squats won't cause discomfort but great bennifits. I have to do my lower body excercise in the pool due to bad injury and my strength and butt is about 300% better just after a few months.

when I first started I have my back agaist the pool for stability but now I can squat without the support now. aqua classes are really good aswell to learn techniques.

I actually have a pool! I'll give that a go when it warms up for sure, I was thinking of swimming in the mornings anyway... if I can get up early enough that is haha

#26 Your Strange

• Car:Evo 6.5

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:55 AM

if you have a pool

squat for 30 secs (slow) then Flutter kicks for 30 secs (fast) for around 5 reps.
warm ups with lung steps and side steps to strengthen your thighs
don't forget to stretch afterwards.

happy to pm you a full body workout in the pool if you want, just flick me a pm. I do aqua classes at revive and they are very good with injuries or disiblilties

your ass and legs will feel like they will want to drop off :thumb:

#27 schmenz

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:05 PM

View PostYour Strange, on 14 November 2011 - 11:55 AM, said:

if you have a pool

squat for 30 secs (slow) then Flutter kicks for 30 secs (fast) for around 5 reps.
warm ups with lung steps and side steps to strengthen your thighs
don't forget to stretch afterwards.

happy to pm you a full body workout in the pool if you want, just flick me a pm. I do aqua classes at revive and they are very good with injuries or disiblilties

your ass and legs will feel like they will want to drop off Posted Image

Cheers for that! I'll flick you a PM tonight when I'm home from work :)

#28 zeropsi

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:29 AM

You started this yet?

#29 schmenz

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:28 AM

So, after a delay in joining as my husband was interstate last weekend... Joined on Wednesday at Jetts and hit up my first session last night.

They currently have a deal at my gym for 3 x PT sessions for $60 (normally $120 or something) so might utilise this just to ensure I am using equipment correctly and to find the correct weights for me ect.

Last night smashed out 20 min on the bike, 10 min on the cross trainer (I HATE cross trainers haha) and a 10 min power walk on the treadmil along with some of the stationary weight machines as well.

I'm eating better - but will improve on it!

Pole dancing lessons tonight so an hour of cardio and strength training!

#30 El Freako

• Car:Nissan Pulsar SSS

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

Jetts are the ass-cancer of the gym world.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!