Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
TITLE Boxing - Dodgey? - Hardtuned.net

TITLE Boxing - Dodgey? 

8 replies to this topic

#1 bzkurt

• Car:1998 180sx Type X

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

Hey guys & girls... but lets be honest its just guys im talking to now

Anyway, has anyone had any troubles with this website before? Long story short i made an order to purchase two pairs of shoes and i change my mind. I emailed customer service and asked them if i could revise my order to include new items and they said it was no problem. The money was not taken from my account at this stage (for the original order), even though i had already given my credit card details and checked out.

I received an email back saying that my order could be revised and i was given a new quote. In my first order i was quoted ~$55 for shipping for two pairs of shoes. In the revised order the shipping for pairs of shoes was $197. Wtf? I replied asking why the shipping was so expensive and whether there was a cheaper alternative, their reponse was pretty much no that is the only shipping option for international orders. Well... ok i thought. But here is the really dodgey part. In one of the emails i was sent i was told the following:

"Unfortunately, that is our only shipping option. All international orders are up for review after placing the order online. In order to process your I will need the following information.

We will need you to provide us with a copy of your credit card statement, picture i.d. and front and back of your credit card in order to process this order. You can either fax or e-mail this information to us. I apologize for any inconvenience, this is solely to protect our card holders"

Err wtf? Well i am definitely not going to give you my identity...good try though. But anyway has anyone had any problems with these guys? Or does anyone now a cheap palce to buy Nike Machomai Boxing Shoes (mid)

Thanks guys

Edited by bzkurt, 23 December 2011 - 09:04 PM.

#2 bzkurt

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

Btw the website is http://www.titleboxing.com/

#3 Dr. Cranium

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

Post it on their Facebook page.

#4 Shark

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

dont even know the website, but sounds dodgy as fuark!! no one asks for that shit for any reason. they simply DO NOT need it

#5 bzkurt

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:20 AM

Thanks for the replies. Hmm yeah its pretty sus, funny thing is though iv seen threads on bb.com about TITLE but no bad reviews yet.

Does anyone know a cheap place to get Nike Machomai Boxing Shoes (mid)?

#6 Shark

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:36 AM

Yeah hey, it could be totally legit. I wouldn't know.
But personally, I don't even bother with any websites/companies that request info they don't need.
I don't understand why they would need it to protect their cardholders either (and its not like they specified how they can).

#7 asleep

• Car:180sx

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:36 PM

Its because your in another country, i get alot of emails from internationals wanting to purchase a massive amount of product via credit card and they do not want to use our online shop, rather email me there details.

The only reason the price would jump up so much is the weight of the package has changed, and or they have looked further into taxes or using a different freight company than on the original order. There is weight tiers, plus insurance, international customs taxes, is your revised order of more weight or any added product to the original order? There website looks very legit, and secure. There fax order form looks standard. I read there information page re shipping and theres multiple reasons they could hike the price up.

They seem very open to be contacted i would email there international shipping email address and just tell them your uncomfortable sending them photo id and a statement. For whatever reason it just sounds like they are over protective.

#8 Kez180

• Car:Silvia s13 CA18de (Shithouse)

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:11 PM

I used to work in business banking setting up merchant facilities... They should definitely not be requesting that info from you. I would run a mile.
I'll have a look at the site and update...

#9 bzkurt

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

asleep:
The original order consisted of 2 pairs of shoes. I assume they would be 2-3kg each with packaging. The revised order was 3 pairs of shoes in a similar style. Keep in mind these are very light weight shoes so i dont think the weight would be too much.

Either way im convinced that im not going to give them my i.d and what not, il just keep searching until i find another site who stocks the shoes at a reasonable price

I have ordered shoes from pickyourshoes.com before and they are also in the U.S. Their shipping was much lower and they didnt ask me for my identity

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!