Sign in to follow this  
Billy Bob

Wotif.com mystery hotels

So i´ve been using this site for a while now, just really cashing in on the cheap 4 star hotels for weekends with the mrs but my main question is to do with the wotif.com mystery hotels. Im not game enough to take a punt at it as ive seen that some of the big 4 holiday parks get a 4 star rating and i wouldnt be too wrapt shelling out 200 a night for one of those holes.....

Anyone had any expieriance with them??

my stepmum did the mystery hotel, ended up being a really nice top hotel, but just the room didnt have harbour views

she thought they may have been renovating an area of the hotel as well, which might mean they can;t charge as much?

anyhow, she was stoked cos it was worth more than she paid easily.

still a risk, but i reckon u would be alright

i havent personally but a good friend was telling me a couple of weeks ago that shes used it three times and always got an awesome deal. suppose its still a risk but she said she was blown away.

I have also heard about this mystery hotel deals on that site. You can choose 5 star hotels also, so it wouldn't really matter which one you get unless your full on picky.

Will try this one day tho.. For now my and my gf just booked one normally.

awesome deals! used it once and couldnt have been happier.

usually they are kept a "mystery" so they don't cheapen/tarnish a good hotel's name.

They usually tell you where the mystery deals are ie. 5 star hotel in the cbd.

yep.. basically just so good hotels dont get advertised as cheap knockoffs etc.

It's pretty damn easy to figure out what hotel it is by the description/included stuff

or the address and google maps street view lol :P

I have booked two wotif mystery hotels in melbourne. First one was the Oaks on Collins st, second was the Sebel, also on collins street. both awesome and less than $150 a night. They don't go as specific as the address only as far as the star rating and the distrct eg CBD.

It's pretty damn easy to figure out what hotel it is by the description/included stuff

Thought they only give you this after you book or a few hours before hand?

Looks closely and match up the features you can easy work out which hotel it is.

3 Nights in the Rendezvous (Adelaide) $229, cant beat that for price and comfort. Full price is $1,350.

yeah mystery hotels are good. a friend scored a 1 bdr at meriton world tower.

as said before you get a breif description. 5 star sydney cbd. most of the time thats good enuff.

more money leftover for coke and hookers lol

I haven't bought one off wotif.com but I have used lastminute.com and booked one of their mystery rooms a few times. $99 bucks, awesome location in sydney CBD and a 5 star hotel. Couldn't have been happier with it and would definitely do it again!

Wonder if anybody has a bad story like they paid $99 and all they got was an alley way with a cardboard box and a number on it.

Sounds good to me as it takes the headache out of choosing a hotel. More of life should be mystery! Restaurants, superannuation, clothes shopping, groceries, occupations, trades etc. Coles delivers a 'mystery trolley' to your house full of random sh1t. The waiter arrives with some dish you've never heard of. You get an offer to become an apprentice in *mystery-trade* etc.

went to Adelaide couple months ago with my gf

i scored a 5 star hotel for 110 per night... pretty good.. very very happy

The mrs and I just pay top dollar and go for gold , stayed at a few ritzy places here on the gold coast , its expensive but in my eyes worth it , when we only do it twice a year any way . but we have friends that use wotif.com alot and they have never had a bum deal yet , I think mainly because there is way to much competition out there for them not to get a good deal :) I think you should go for it , and not look back , any time you spend with the mrs away from home has got to be a good one

i like having a suprise so i dont bother trying to work it out

I always used wotif to book. Earlier this year i booked at the Marriot brissy and saved myself $40 for an executive suite with river view not the city view side specifically that had a spa bath. I dont have a bath at home so wanted to get this plus the mrs was coming :)

When i got there i arrived to be told that the room i booked wasnt available and i had to stay in a city view executive room without a spa bath. She told me that when u book with wotif theres fine print that states something like if the actual room you book may not be available at the time and in that scenario you will be allocated another room, she also told me that next time i should just book with them and they would match the wotif price.

I half lost my shit asking her if the breakfast, gym and pool facilities were still included or if that was subject to change aswell.

Wotif.com is the bomb :)

I am closely affiliated with them, some would say I work there

Edited by GFUNK

yup just google the description and you can generally figure out where it is they are talking about, although I haven't used it in a while so it may have changed

Edited by DR JOSH