Sign in to follow this  
A31Cefiro

MMA chat

He wont be coming back from that.

First fight Weidman knocks out the 'mysterious' and 'elusive' Anderson Silva. Second fight he breaks his leg with a defensive technique. A third fight would would see Weidman's entry music kill Silva.

Weidman said it best himself in the pre-fight vids, there is no more hype or mystique about Anderson Silva anymore. Thank f**k too..

3rd fight he should walk out to the spider man song from the cartoons.

Im glad he lost too, and it couldn't of been any better. It was as big of a fail as Jon jones toe break was.

They said an earlier kick by Silva that was checked snapped his shin and tried fighting through it, then the next kick broke his leg completely.

Weidman was just too tough for Silva, you can tell he doesn't give up (Look at how many times he tries shaking hands or touching gloves with Silva, even if Silva ignores it, he tries again)

They said an earlier kick by Silva that was checked snapped his shin and tried fighting through it, then the next kick broke his leg completely.

Who's 'they'? Wouldn't be surprised if it was Silva's camp saying that attempting to preserve the messiah image they've created for him. As soon as my mate I watched it with said "I wonder what bullshit they'll come up with for this.." I replied that they'll fabricate a story about him suffering a brittle bone condition since childhood and fighting through it.

Silva aside, how dominant was Rousey? She beat the crap out of Meisha Tate, 120 odd strikes to bugger all, great ground control - even when Tate was in top position Rousey was still smashing her from guard! The best part was all the judo moves, can't believe she pulled a (Euro comp style) Sumi Gaeshi.

A bit disappointed that Weidman didn't get the finish with Anderson in the first especially since he was so close to doing so. He was clearly winning but now the Silva nut huggers have an excuse. As good and as gifted as someone can be fighting skills such as speed and the ability to take a punch diminish with age and experience.

As good as Silva was/is (potentially the best striker in MMA) I feel like a lot of his competitors came in psyched out or with the wrong game plan.

With Anderson's injury and GSP and Fedors retirement it signals an end of an era.

I don't know why Meisha kept going for the take down, she was consistently reversed immediately . As good as the fight was I don't think i will ever be a fan of women's MMA, or women's sport in general.

Edited by stupidlikeafox

Yeah the SIlva fan boys are doing my head in. Reading comments like "this fight doesn't prove anything about Weidman other than he's lucky, twice" and "Anderson is a slow starter, typically uses the first round to feel out an opponent" or "Silva did more damage from the bottom than Weidman did on top" is just infuriating.

^ So Belfort can juice up to his eyeballs and then rant like a lunatic about Jesus afterwards? I want to see that fight in the US and see the UFC have some balls about his roid munching.

Same deal with Overeem, he's been training in Thailand again where there's a wealth of roids and a complete lack of sanctions, testing and horse meat.

Yes it was Silvas camp that said it.

I doubt Overeem is juicing again, as he has already dodged a bullet and he would have lost all his gains if he waits for his test levels to drop before he has to drug test

He cant be that stupid

Edited by Wrexy

^I don't see why else he'd be training in Thailand when the facilities at Blackzillians are better & the training there is MMA not just Muay Thai like at Super Samui. He's flown a few training partners over but there isn't exactly a wealth of huge guys with a ground game in Thailand so he'll burn through the partners pretty quick.

I doubt he's over there cutting down to a useful 235lbs as he seems to still think that bulk wins, despite having no cardio and no chin.

^ That's done nothing to change my existing views on Silva being a complete douche. I better not say that though, he might call the internet police on me too.

Reading the daily MMA news, this article had me in stitches. Particularly the comments.

Vitor Belfort wants Chris Weidman to have extra drug tests for UFC 173

http://www.mmafighti...fc-173-mma-news

lol1.gif

Edited by steveP

TUF nations is boring as f**k, I don't follow the local scene but I can only assume Australia doesn't really have the depth to fill a TUF cast - last season, this season or anymore to come.

Can't believe women are headlining (I can but don't want to) its like puppies fighting kittens, even worse than those flyweight midgets going at it.

Too many fighters, fighting safe. Everyone is to afraid to lose and it shows in boring points fighting. Just bleed crew checking in.

I think Australia sucks at any sport.

Herb Dean needs to go.

DC is the man, happy he smashed pat

Yeah Herb is messing up bad lately. Early stoppages and then a brutal late stoppage. It's just frustrating for fans. The DC and Rousey fights could have easily gone longer. Disappointed with both fights.

Navada has banned TRT for all combat sports. It looks like UFC has been itching to implement this as well as they said the support it and will enforce it even with international events.

Nevada State Athletic Commission bans TRT, urges fellow athletic commissions to follow

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/2/27/5454342/nevada-state-athletic-commission-bans-trt-urges-fellow-athletic

b5CMYo.gif

^ The odds of Vitor winning the title coincidentally took a massive dive at the bookies.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 'injured'.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 'injured'.

funny you say that, he's now not fighting. machida is the replacement

We got a new welterweight champ yesterday. and what a fight that was

^Great fight, a bit dissapointed hendricks decided to take lawler down

and do sweet fa after 4 rounds of standup though...

^Great fight, a bit dissapointed hendricks decided to take lawler down and do sweet fa after 4 rounds of standup though...

Really liked Lawler's head movement in the second round you can tell he's a boxer

Yeah it sucked the fight finished with a bit of an anti-climax, but obviously Hendricks learnt from GSP with finding a way to win. Close fight though. Hendricks was rocked quite a few times and was very close to being finished.

Edited by steveP

^ Hahaha. Oh man, Nog should retire before he ends up permanently brain damaged. The dude already looks about 65, keep some dignity and bow out.

They should make Nelson vs Mark Hunt. Battle of the walk away knockouts.