Sign in to follow this  
180SX_TS

Skiing / Snowboarding

Hey guys, me and a few mates are planning a skiing/snowboarding trip. We usually just go to Mt Buller but want to go somewhere new this year.

Where do you go? Recommendations/opinions?

Cheers

Go to the snowys stay in Jindabyne. You can choose between either thredbo or perisher every morning.

Otherwise all in all there isn't a huge difference in price to go over to new zealand.

Go to the snowys stay in Jindabyne. You can choose between either thredbo or perisher every morning.

Otherwise all in all there isn't a huge difference in price to go over to new zealand.

We’re thinking NZ. Taken the boat to Lake Jindabyne a couple of times. Really good lake for water sports FYI. Waters always freezing tho :S even on the warmer days

Went there in summer once. Took the kayak out on the lake and did not anticipate just how strong the current was towards the middle. Didn't think I was ever gonna get back to shore haha.

As for NZ it's just air fares you have to cough up for. Once your on the snow everything is much cheaper in comparison to Aus.

Our trip to nz this year is costing $1600 Inc lift passes flights car hire and accom, only need spend money, Aus snow is poo, we are hittin japan next year for powder and skids

Going to Falls mid to end of July with Adelaide Uni. Costing $1400 including bus trip to/from Uni, 6 nights at Quay West, lift pass, lessens all week, board hire, and breakie every day. Apparently Falls is having the best season in 8 years or something? Can't wait.

if your fairly experienced and comfy on blue runs ect thredbo and hotham have the better terain out of the aussie resorts just watch out at the start/end of seasons about being able to ride out and not download but spring snows still fun, perishers pipe is best in the country but only for the few weeks a year its up and running and then when its been cut well.

if you want pow hit japan or canada, never been to nz but its all above treeline so theres no protection from the elemtents so it can either be really good or icy as.

best thing to do is research it all and check their webcams coz they dont lie as much as a snow report does

Think NZ might be the go. Been doing some research and prices will work out fairly similar.

Did Canada a few years back. Best trip. Any boarder/skiers wet dream. Heard the same about Japan too

Our trip to nz this year is costing $1600 Inc lift passes flights car hire and accom, only need spend money, Aus snow is poo, we are hittin japan next year for powder and skids

depending where youre going there is zero snow in the south island resorts atm.

so not sure how you can say aus is poo when we actually have some.

ive been to austria which has some pretty good powder and terrain variation (depending on which resort you stay at)

gonna hit up japan in february with a whole bunch of mates, so it should be awesome. ill see if i can squeeze in some time to check out the car culture there too =]

I have been to Whistler, big white, Fernie, Copper, Breckenridge, Vail, Keystone, Aspen and Niseko in Japan.

As far as value for money goes, Japan is the best option its cheap and its snow is phenominal and you also get a real oversees experience. Not just other westerners.

big dump yesterday and more coming - whos headed down this weekend?

ive been to austria which has some pretty good powder and terrain variation (depending on which resort you stay at)

gonna hit up japan in february with a whole bunch of mates, so it should be awesome. ill see if i can squeeze in some time to check out the car culture there too =]

Yeah I been skiing in the austrian alps. Amazing place.

I will either go down for a weekend trip this weekend or next. Pm me if you end up going down would be keen for the cruise down

I will either go down for a weekend trip this weekend or next. Pm me if you end up going down would be keen for the cruise down

waiting on my boots to come back from warranty :(

might get lucky.

waiting on my boots to come back from warranty :(

might get lucky.

Ok bud, let me know its starting to look like next weekend for me but pm me your number anyway

depending where youre going there is zero snow in the south island resorts atm.

so not sure how you can say aus is poo when we actually have some.

Aus snow is just way overpriced, when you can travel overseas for same price I'd much rather take that option

Told myself I wasn't going this year but uni break is next week and the season is still going strong.

Very tempted to pop over for a couple of days

aaah to go or not