Sign in to follow this  
180 type X

Working Holidays

I have been playing with the idea of going on a working holiday this year and was wondering who here has gone on one and what were your experinces?

try to include

Where:

When:

How long did you go for:

Why: (what made you want to go)

How was it?

How much money did you take with you?

How was he overall experience?

What did you get out of it?

id say its a bad idea with how well our $ is at the moment.. earn more doing a job ur qualified for. then take a proper holiday and relax 24/7.. if our dollar was shit i'd say its a good idea cause your earning similar/more than at home for a basic job etc.

work??? holiday???

do you mean like working to pay for your stay at like a hotel or something or like an overseas internship or just an overseas job in general???

like gone overseas work some form of job to help pay for your stay in that country and party see shit ect.

EXAMPLE: going to london/uk work in a pub and travel around/ site see on your days off ect

EXAMPLE2: going to canada working at a ski resort, using the money to help pay for things ans skiing/boarding/partying in your spare time

id say its a bad idea with how well our $ is at the moment.. earn more doing a job ur qualified for. then take a proper holiday and relax 24/7.. if our dollar was shit i'd say its a good idea cause your earning similar/more than at home for a basic job etc.

This

It's a great idea!!!

I did a year and a half working holiday in Tokyo from july 09 to jan 2011 and it was f**king awesome!

I always wanted to experience day to day life in another country. I was thinking of spain until I went to Japan for a holiday in 08, and I fell in love with the place.

I went there without a job or place and found my way ok... I was pretty silly actually because I got there with my savings and partied my money away very quickly. Then I found a job, but the problem was that I would get paid on the 25th for the previous month so it was nearly 2 months before i saw my first paycheck!

my advice would be to get a job before you go crazy spending or partying.

There are times that are tough, and times where you'll experience some amazing things!

I can honestly say it was one of the best experiences of my life!

I was teaching English there, and my clients ranged from business men, fashion designers to big name Japanese actresses, oh and I even taught the guy who sings the dragon ball z theme song!

Like a wise man once said

"DO IT!"

Edited by nakameguro

like gone overseas work some form of job to help pay for your stay in that country and party see shit ect.

20.creation.jpg