Sign in to follow this  
kranze

LA

my mate and I have our flights booked for the 22nd of Jan, returning on feb 18, staying in long beach.

accommodation is sorted, so what are the MUST dos of LA? it's a riding trip so alot of it will be riding, but we are still doing tourist stuff aswell.

so if you've been tell me what you recommend, car hire? places to see, do, go, etc.

only going to LA, so need suggestions for there only.

fire away travel bugs!!

9b0707df.jpg

6 flags magic mountain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Gareth01

Rolled/KD input not needed.

cheers

Fact withdrawn.

Edited by Gareth01

..Mate went to LA. Loved it to bits, didn't want to come back.

He's here with me now.

highly recommend Santa Monica and obviously Hollywood.

Can't beat cali beach! and also the promenade

And judging from your sig, You love b.i.g - You must see cali.

Then come back to aus, and your next visit there..

You know what to sing ;)

We stayed Marina Del Rey area in SAnta Monica, Hollywood overrated and weird but hey when in rome i guess.

lots of cool riding to be done along the beach down santa monica and venice areas. Wish i had the skateboard. could find some to rent if u were real keen.

Check out the hotel Erwin roof top bar in venice. A hidden Gem. just go into hotel and go into elevator to top. Get there half an hour before sunset, get a cocktail and sit back overlooking the beach and venice.

Head to paradise cove down mailbu, awesome private beachfront restaraunt place for lunch.

It was a nicer place than we expected, but im sure there are crappy areas. we just stayed in the nicer spots.

enjoy

6 flags

knotts berry farm

legoland

go watch some drift at irwindale.

Shopping at factory outlets (theres a few of them around)

Griffith Observatory

Hollywoods abit of a dump but worth a look

The dodgier looking the taco shop, the better the food is.

dont go to taco bell

South downtown LA, plenty of homeless and closed down businesses, may want to steer clear.

Inland empire (riverside)area if you are into buying cars and parts.

Edited by works 510

Going back to Cali, strictly for the weather

Women, and the weed, sticky green

Must do

Join a gang!! The blood ad crips are taking new members

Go to venice beach, hire a bike and ride to santa monica. Very cool relaxing ride, there's a track right on the beach.

Check out hollywood blvd

Go to the observatory in the hills for some photos of the hollywood sign / skyline

check out Wood & Vine, awesome restaurant on the corner of hollywood and vine. Get the fried chicken & waffle. trust me.

Hard rock cafe, touristy as f**k but you know - you're a tourist so....

Sunset Blvd, lots of entertainment along there :)

Beverley plaza has some good shopping, best footlocker i visited in the time i was over there if you're into kicks.

do you have any idea how close to woodward west you are? hands down some of the most intense downhill stuff i have ever seen. i roomed with jeremy the resident pro who built all the tracks there, and there is a 40foot double over a dead oak tree he has only ever hit once! its spastic

go there

I was there recently for a very short time. (24hrs)

Stayed in West Hollywood, a block from the Beverley Centre at the Orlando hotel.

Went for breakfast up at Urth Cafe on Melrose (they filmed a few parts in entourage there)

Then had lunch at the Ivy, not as exy as you think...

Wandered around up through beverley hills, along sunset...

Saw Beckhams old matte black 911 3 times in the one day...

There is plenty to do in LA...

In LA atm on student exchange just google things to do in La and it will come up wiht like everyhting listed here, besides that not much besides get very drunk and smoke some medicinal marijuana... Honestly pretty much the same shit as sydney after a while been here for 3 motnhs so far

hire a lamborghini or ferarri and cruise the street like a boss if you've got a bit of cash.

go to a shooting range and shoot some assault rifles.

sick ideas so far.

how much is it to hire a good car? anyone know?

it aint cheap. the best place i found was in vegas, you could grab a ferrari or lamborghini for 3 or 4 hours for about $600 i think. $800 for 24 hours with an Aston DB9. A porsche 911 for $300 for a day. I paid close to that for a G37 from hertz. I was spewing when i found out i could have had a porsche for like $40 more haha.

have a google. There are plenty of places that do it, it's just a matter of finding the best price.

make sure you read the fine print about insurance on the rentals aswell, depending on the travel insurance you have, some may cover some of the insurance on the rental, thus saving some cash

(I got done hard last year when I went, did some research and saved abit this year)

Thrifty rentals is a f**king rip

yeah we rented form thrifty here when we first got here for a shitty chevy malibu (new one dont get excieted) and the price we quoted form aus was about 1/3 of the of final after small print.... check out rent a wreck lol it;s heaps fun

Was over there earlier in the year,hired a jeep cherokee for 5 or 6 days and was only around 550 all up,was split by 3 ppl so worked out cheap,a car is a must unless you like walking for hours.

Also we didnt pre book we just jumped on the avis bus when we walked out of the airport and got one there and then.

Whoever said Downtown LA is ghetto as f**k..... it is ghetto as f**k!

My cousin and I stayed one night there at a cheap hotel and it was plain scary. Also had to catch the underground train but that was a pretty cool experience.

If you wanna party a bit do the Sunset Blvd thing. We found a bar with 180+ types of Mexico's finest Tequila. Cruising Beverley was actually cool too, seeing how massive the houses are is insane. We also looked into hiring something good to drive for a day or two. Best we could find was a DB9 for around $450 per day but we were cash strapped so we decided not to.

A little known place we went to which was really relaxed and cool was Hermosa Beach. It's up North from Long Beach and about halfway to LA. It's more of a surfy culture type and heaps of people cruise around on skateys and bikes. Casual place to smash lunch and dinner and a few nice bars and even a mini club. Was pretty packed and pumping the Friday we got there.

The only problem is a fair few of these suggestions are a bit of a mission from Long Beach for you guys so I reckon a car is a must if you plan on hitting up Hollywood/LA area.

car is definitely a must. LA is too hard to get around without one.

Don't get out the car if you get pulled over. Unless you wanna cop a massive beat down.

i think the dude we're staying with will have a car, but i'm thinking hire one for a couple of days anyway.

what sort of licence do you need etc