Sign in to follow this  
antonio

Samsung Galaxy S III

Ok, so alot of us have been avid S1 users and skipped the S2 due to still being under contract or just wanting to hold out that bit longer, But now the time has come.

All this waiting has led to this moment the Samsung Galaxy S III, with minimal information regarding this phone circulating the internet a release date of a Samsung Galaxy device has been annouced (albeit there has been no exact information to say if this will be the Galaxy SIII but its highly assumed so)

The South Korea-based consumer electronics giant circulated invitations on Monday to a press conference that will take place in London on May 3rd. While Samsung does not specifically name the highly anticipated Galaxy S III smartphone on the invitation — the only relevant text is “come and meet the next Galaxy” — it is widely believed that the company’s new flagship device will be the focus of the event. BGR exclusively reported in January that the Galaxy S III will feature a 1.5GHz quad-core Exynos processor, a 4.8-inch full-HD 1080p display, an 8-megapixel rear camera, a 2-megapixel front-facing camera for HD video chats, 4G LTE, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and an ultra-thin case made of ceramic. Samsung Mobile’s “Unpacked” event will begin at 2:00 p.m. Eastern, 11:00 a.m. Pacific on Thursday, May 3rd, and the event will be live-streamed at www.facebook.com/samsungmobile.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Edited by antonioシ

The f**k is the difference. Judging a camera on it's mega pixels alone is like judging how fast a car is without driving it or looking under the bonnet.

Retards aside; OMFG I CAN'T WAIT YESSSS. My S1 is great, but I have like you said been waiting for the S3 :D :D :D

yeah megapixels dont mean much. like saying a 3.8 ecotec commo is better than an s15 since it has more capacity.

The rumors for this phone are awesome. should be a beast

Supposed leaked images!

The quality of the leaked images is very poor, but the basic look of the device can be made out along with the presence of a wide home button and a unique oval-shaped glass panel covering the display. Gizmodo Brasil’s source states that the model number of the phone is i9300 — which a BGR source has previously stated is indeed the model number of the Galaxy S III

giz-gsiii-leak-1.jpg

giz-gsiii-leak-2.jpg

*bang*

According to the leak, the phone—going by model number GT-I9300—packs: a 720 x 1184 4.6-inch display (that's 320 DPI), a quad-core 1.4 GHz processor, 1GB of RAM, a 2,050mAh battery, an 8-megapixel camera and 16GB of storage.

There also appears to be some kind of plastic rim around this leaked device, making it look slightly larger than it actually is and disguising the edge of the handset.

The smartphone pictured carries the model number i9300, which a trusted BGR source has confirmed belongs to the next-generation Galaxy S smartphone. According to Tinhte, the phone features a quad-core 1.4GHz processor, a 4.6-inch 720p HD display, Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich, 16GB of internal storage, 1GB of RAM, an 8-megapixel camera, NFC and a 2,050 mAh battery. These specs vary in several instances with the numerous details reported earlier by BGR, and Tinhte may have the explanation why.

According to the blog, this device is likely close to the final version of the phone, however Samsung has taken measures to prevent the finished design from leaking ahead of the vendor’s upcoming announcement. Loosely translated from Tinhte’s post, which has since been removed, ”Samsung has used a fake outer shell designed to ensure the machine is not exposed until it is unveiled.” The blog’s video has vanished along with its original post, however Engadget managed to download a copy that is still available on its site.

The launch version is expected to appear in a ceramic and metal or metal-look case, and two color options will be blue and white. BGR has also been told that there will be 16GB and 32GB models available at launch, and Samsung is planning a massive marketing blitz that will see the Galaxy S III become the official handset of the 2012 Olympic Summer Games.

galaxy-s-iii-leak-1.jpg

galaxy-s-iii-leak-2.jpg

galaxy-s-iii-leak-3.jpg

galaxy-s-iii-leak-4.jpg

I like how, in the article, it mentioned how they've put an extra casing around it so that leaked photos don't reveal the true look of the phone. I'd rather there not be any leaks at all and just be surprised when it's actually released. Damn internet and people who absolutely have to leak it out.

I like how, in the article, it mentioned how they've put an extra casing around it so that leaked photos don't reveal the true look of the phone. I'd rather there not be any leaks at all and just be surprised when it's actually released. Damn internet and people who absolutely have to leak it out.

Agree'd its like Christmas morning and your running to the Christmas tree and you over hear your parents talking about how you still believe in santa after 20+ years :wheelchair::zip::puke:

Some other leaks have been comming up..

Including the site - http://www.thenextgalaxy.com/

antutu-galaxys3.png

I'm one of those that's waiting eagerly for the S3.... rumours have started to circulate that samsung is doing an apple, releasing a galaxy 2.5 as the s3 hype alone is selling the phone

I do doubt would happen. the amount of Galaxy S III Sightings with code GT-I9300, and since the phone is set for Media Launch release on May 3rd????? It would be a task to change at the very last instance.

GS3-4.png

Edited by antonioシ

Hopefully It'll be out in May, and cheaper by August, that's when I'm finally getting rid of my POS iPhone 4

All we can do is hope Australia gets the release fast and hopefully Optus jumps onboard 1 of the 1st to release it.

Well the time has come at 4:00AM tommorow morning Australian time or 7PM tonight UK time the phone will be released.

Still there is no actual answer if this release be the S3 but all we can do is hope :D

this is why I want this phone biggrin.pnghttp://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android

That is awesome. I can run easy debian on my phone (I haven't tried it but open office opens in 10 seconds), but Nokia not putting a HDMI out on the phone kind of limits the usefulness. Running full Ubuntu when plugging into a dock though is fantastic.

this is why I want this phone :Dhttp://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android
That is awesome. I can run easy debian on my phone (I haven't tried it but open office opens in 10 seconds), but Nokia not putting a HDMI out on the phone kind of limits the usefulness. Running full Ubuntu when plugging into a dock though is fantastic.

How do you run it? Dual boot? And what phone have you got?

I haven't heard anything more about this project for quite a few months now and the site hasn't updated for a little while.... it's not due until the end of the year though, so it's still early days :)

wel its been released.

not tech specs but some cool new features.

i want it now.

Yerp, she is now Official, Im still waiting to get more videos/pictures im not to happy how the camera once again pokes past the phone which means it gets scratched beyond belief within 6months =[

The GSII will launch in 145 countries on 296 carriers, beginning with the 3G version in Europe on May 29th, and a 4G version coming to North America "this summer."

• 4.8-inch 720p Super AMOLED HD Display
  • 1GB RAM
  • 16/32GB storage, 64GB version "available soon"
  • microSD Card slot
  • Eye Tracking
  • Smart stay: keeps the screen awake while you're looking at the display
  • S-Voice: advanced voice recognition, "like a good friend who listens attentively" -- definitely a strong competitor to Siri
  • Floating videos: lets you resize videos and move them around on the display whilst they float atop other windows. Nice!
  • 8MP rear shooter with zero shutter lag, 3.3 shots per second
  • Best Photo: takes a burst of eight shots, automatically chooses the best one
  • S Beam: Wi-Fi direct meets NFC
  • 1.9MP front camera with "face recognition" and HD video capabilities
  • 2100mAh Battery with Wireless Charging technology
  • Bluetooth 4.0 (LE)
  • Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi HT40
  • GPS/GLONASS
  • NFC
  • 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6mm, 133g
  • Android 4.0

wm_GALAXY-S-III-Product-Image-1_B_thumb.jpg

wm_GALAXY-S-III-Product-Image-1_W_thumb.jpg

wm_GALAXY-S-III-Product-Image-2_B_thumb2.jpgwm_GALAXY-S-III-Product-Image-3_W_thumb2.jpg

wm_GALAXY-S-III-Product-Image-7_B_thumb.jpgwm_GALAXY-S-III-Product-Image-9_W_thumb.jpg

pretty sure ill hang for the 4g to come out then snab it up

Yerp, she is now Official, Im still waiting to get more videos/pictures im not to happy how the camera once again pokes past the phone which means it gets scratched beyond belief within 6months =[

The GSII will launch in 145 countries on 296 carriers, beginning with the 3G version in Europe on May 29th, and a 4G version coming to North America "this summer."

• 4.8-inch 720p Super AMOLED HD Display
  • 1GB RAM
  • 16/32GB storage, 64GB version "available soon"
  • microSD Card slot
  • Eye Tracking
  • Smart stay: keeps the screen awake while you're looking at the display
  • S-Voice: advanced voice recognition, "like a good friend who listens attentively" -- definitely a strong competitor to Siri
  • Floating videos: lets you resize videos and move them around on the display whilst they float atop other windows. Nice!
  • 8MP rear shooter with zero shutter lag, 3.3 shots per second
  • Best Photo: takes a burst of eight shots, automatically chooses the best one
  • S Beam: Wi-Fi direct meets NFC
  • 1.9MP front camera with "face recognition" and HD video capabilities
  • 2100mAh Battery with Wireless Charging technology
  • Bluetooth 4.0 (LE)
  • Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi HT40
  • GPS/GLONASS
  • NFC
  • 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6mm, 133g
  • Android 4.0

the first half of that video has to be the biggest load of bullshit i've ever heard :lol: pebbles and leaves? get f**ked :lol:

No super amoled +, no better camera than the s ii, no new gpu... pretty lame millhouse

You mean not 1080p? It is super AMOLED?

No super amoled +, no better camera than the s ii, no new gpu... pretty lame millhouse

You mean not 1080p? It is super AMOLED?

only 720P Pentile, not Super Amoled "plus" like the S2.

I think its a little early to jump to speculation, give it at-least a few days till we start getting back to back reviews on each part of the phone against the S2.

I think its a little early to jump to speculation, give it at-least a few days till we start getting back to back reviews on each part of the phone against the S2.

it's been confirmed

We had to look really closely to be certain, but sure enough, this is another Pentile AMOLED display from Samsung. The big rumor going into this event was that the Galaxy S III would be the first HD Super AMOLED display without Pentile spoiling things, but check out our macro shot below for some definitive confirmation (the signal strength indicator is supposed to be white).

pentilesad.jpg

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/3/2995948/samsung-galaxy-s3-first-hands-on-pictures

It's abit of a let down for me, not to worry though as I'm not due to upgrade till next year. No next gen envy from me.

being pentile isnt a deal breaker for me, i doubt ill notice it at all unless im trying to spot it out

i think people got their expectations too high and are too fussy with things that barely matter