Sign in to follow this  
wpn-200

s15 time attack. got bored, bought a lot of carbon

bit more work, one week till the next track day haha. friday and monday off work to get shit finished....hopefully lol

rear guards all trimmed and loosely test fittted (bit more work to be done on the fender tunnels. rear diffuser in the process of being trimmed and fuel filler also being relocated out of the wheel well to the rear perspex window.

then seal up the boot floor, trim the rear bumper to fit around diffuser, see where the exhaust will now run and mod if needed , refit fenders , bonnet and oil change. race

then comes a repaint and carbon boot to match the fenders.

if i finally reach my goal of 1.20 on street tyres and stock engine i chuck on all my bits and pieces and see what times i can get with semis and around 300-350 kw atw ;) all i need is 3 seconds to get to 1.20.99 lol

carbon dust sucks ball sack

10626817_10152724036218694_1690693914201278529_n.jpg?oh=ac7b374d4b381d17c56d6e282f789ccb&oe=5479CF19&__gda__=1415369062_a81fdb5a5096b2bc0e46274de15273f0

10386748_10152724036378694_2855225593428719817_n.jpg

14197_10152724036498694_4134815239066008642_n.jpg

10574186_10152724036048694_8648790326449957096_n.jpg

10622924_10152726645983694_5175643094120922276_n.jpg

wooo new page finally

Hey man, where did ya get the carbon mat from?

Chasing some to play around with my race bike and street bike but not having much luck lol

Locally there isntvto much of an option apart from nuplex/fibre glass international out at greenfields or Adelaide moulding casting. Greenfields may have some offcut endof roll lengths. I imported mine from China. Instead of $55 a meter I paid roughly $12 with only one week wait.

• Upvote 1

bit of an update, made it to the track day on thursday 28th out at mallala after a few very late nights. got out there for a few runs but my race chrono app was playing up or my phone was so no times and couldnt get into 5th under pressure , but ah well. so heres a few pics of it together.

10366066_10152752561338694_5427858158532257693_n.jpg

10628334_10152752558043694_6232307214323920696_n.jpg?oh=ef44f2040af3dbac2389c3399936b66b&oe=545BAD78&__gda__=1415580973_7bdb29c67310983d0cc6d8328ff725ee

Good to see you got it out and about, did driving it reignite the passion?

bit of an update...

gearbox is gonna get some loving in the next few weeks. bought a powertune sr to rb adapter plate, still need the 25 box but have the 1000hp plus 1-4 helical dog box and billet mainshaft gearset ready to go in then get a one piece tailshaft.

so its sort of cheating to get to the 1.20 without touching the engine haha so with the lighter and different geared driveline should punch through to the goal pretty easy with hopefully faster top end, bit less drag from the rear and a bit quicker acceleration.

next track day in november so i will tray and get my hands on a lap timer or if any body has some recommendations of what to use? read about using race chrono with a 10 hz gps receiver as a cheap alternative..so with the times on ns from the motorsport section and the power other cars are putting down 250-350 plus still around 1:18-1:23 im feeling pretty good with the standard sr20 efforts with probably around 140-150 at the most on just hankook rs3

to do list-

put exhaust in through the cabin and side exit or figure out alternate route.

sort out side skirts

paint, but not to fussed atm

finish rear boot lid lip

gearbox swap

full fluid swap and once over

try and get the f**ker weighed

I use racechrono with a 5hz receiver, I've never seen it be anymore than a tenth different to the offical timing. Can also mount the phone on the dash so you can see times/splits during the lap.

RaceChrono and 5Hz receiver here too, just using a cheap Android handset so it can be stuck anywhere, the split timer function is great and it seems plenty accurate for my level of tooling around.

You can spec up and use a 10hz receiver if you need the last tenth, plus use Harry's Laptimer if you like and do data overlay right there on the phone (phone records lap and takes in data from GPS then allows you to export best laps with data overlays etc, very cool).

You can get racechrono pro now, pretty sure it does video overlays and extra data stuff too.

Ahh nice. I wonder if it's as lightweight?

I use an older low end android handset so I'm not worried about damaging it.

I was just talking about the app, the device thing does the same thing as the pro app. From reading a bit more the pro version only does what racechrono2avi does but a bit easier.

For something cheap easy and reliable you can't beat racechrono with a qstarz gps receiver.

Yeah i was talking about the app too, I meant lightweight in terms of what specs a piece of hardware needs to run it properly. AKA small footprint, etc.

bit of an update since it has been a while,

plan on having done by another track day on the 27th of feb

- finishing off the rear end with a bit of polishing of the carbon- just about finished

- starting to prep the car for paint again for my time off in the first week of feb- just have to mask it up now

- starting to remake the side skirts and re-mould the front fenders as i wasn't happy with the original kit and slight variances from side to side so im going to rectify that and then it wont annoy me :) might have them done in time.

- bought 100 meters of carbon, 25 meters of kevlar.

- install the q starz 10hz timer and link it to a tablet im mounting in the cabin for lap sector timing in cabin with racechrono. should be good.

- 25 box is being pulled apart as i type this, ppg s/c 1st to 4th gear set goes in and ppg mainshaft 1000hp plus rated

- power tune adapter kit

- 1 piece tail shaft to be made

- route the exhaust somewhere temporary until new turbo is in. (prob just straight pipe down the center to the diffuser for now.

plans after the 27th

engine work begins

- gt3071

- braided turbo lines etc

- bc valve stems

- bc titanium retainers

- bc valve springs

- bc cam gears

- bc camshaft

- z32 afm

- arp head studs

- headgaskets etc

- tomei rocker arm stoppers

- greddy oil coiler

- gk tech copper core radiator

fuel system gear i have goes in

-alpha omega fuel rail

- injector dynamic 1300cc

- turbosmart fpr 800

- speedflow lines and fittings

- gtr filters

aftermarket industries 2.8l surge tank

with holley dominator 1800

speedflow fittings and lines

then tune on e85

still need to buy

- probably a nistune ecu

- gearbox and engine mounts. any recomendations on solid or nismo??

- n/a 60 mm throttle body??

a few wideband bits and pieces

if any one has any recommendations for any other engine bits and pieces let me know. :)

then remake the front bumper from scratch and front diffuser to suit

then i would be running out of stuff to do apart from breakdowns.

-

haha good to see you got some u got some go lined up after sorting the aero ;)

the engine /box mounts, just stick with nismo mate. solid will drive you insane! there really is no point in going solids.

im just not sure how the nismo box will go with the 25box, powertune should be able to help or the various other peeps around who have done it ;)

haha yeah, always the plan to sort aero, chassis, breaking and suspension first and buy engine parts as i go till its ready :) few mates didnt understand that path and continuously let me know about it. i believe i have still gone about it the correct way haha

yeah should be ok with urethane or nismo. already so many noises in the cabin haha but will double check to see what gives the best outcome.

no idea why the photos keep disappearing :S

saw for sale thread on sau and thought you were parting out/selling up

phew! lol

In the past I had a stock s14 with simple mods, coilovers, cat back exhaust, intercooler and used semi slicks that was good for 1.20 flats. So maybe work on more track time

Sign in to follow this