Sign in to follow this  
Kairazy

Smuggling Alcohol on P&O Cruise

I am going on a cruise to the island next week and was thinking of smuggling some alcohol on board.

Anyone done this before and have any tips for the best methods?

It is so ridiculously cheap on board i am not sure why you would bother.

Take it in water bottles if youw ant to be that Jewish.

Will they even check your bags?

Not sure if they check the bags.

I was just thinking of bringing a bottle in my bag and if the check it, they will just confiscate it.

Not sure if they check the bags.

I was just thinking of bringing a bottle in my bag and if the check it, they will just confiscate it.

You get a full customs check, it's the same as going on an international flight. Same rules apply.

Where are u going? Me and the wife are going on a P&O cruise in October to Vanuatu. Never been on a cruise before. Can't wait!!

From what I've heard there is no need to sneek grog onto the boat.

Yeah I've been on a p&o cruise to Fiji, Vanuatu, new caledonia, was epic to say the least, so much party and so much booze.

Oh an the islands are nice haha

No need to take booze, there's plenty there and it's cheapish. But over the 2weeks I spent the best part of $1000 on board on drinks and s**t :D it's hard to keep track as it goes straight on credit card and there always coming around asking if you want a drink lol

Unless you want to sit in your room and drink it like a lonely hobbit, I wouldn't bother taking your own.

when i went on one to Perth they scanned all the bags etc. stuff wasn't that cheap either.

You can buy duty free on the boat, but they don't give it to you untill you return to Australia, not sure why probably to make you buy drinks

I didn't, but my wife did for the first day or two. But we also went through some very rough seas(cyclone just passed) it was rough enough that they had to drain the pools and we weren't allowed outside lol but good fun still haha

^^^^^ referring to sea sickness

Edited by JLTS13

Yea that's the one thing I'm not looking forward too. I'll just smash some motion sickness tablets.

Did u go to Vanuatu, or Noumea?

I went to both aswell as Fiji.

If you are going to suva in fiji go on a shore tour, don't go walking in town, absolute s**t hole.

But the long boat/ water taxi tour to a small village is awesome, you chip in a few more dollars to the locals driving the boats and the have races up the river lol

We arent going to Fiji. We are going to Vanuatu, Noumea, Mystery Island and Isle of Pines. Just hope we get good weather. Can't wait to do a whole lot of nothing!!!

Should be a good trip, I did most of those places.

Doing nothing is the best, when at sea I would get up in the morn go have a buffet breakfast then chill out on the deck drinking, buffet lunch, followed by more drinking, 5 coarse dinner then drink some more, party and repeat :)

And then have quiet days swimming and chilling at the islands

When do you go?

We arent going to Fiji. We are going to Vanuatu, Noumea, Mystery Island and Isle of Pines. Just hope we get good weather. Can't wait to do a

whole lot of nothing!!!

is it 10 nights? I went on one back in 2007 and broke my leg haha

We arent going to Fiji. We are going to Vanuatu, Noumea, Mystery Island and Isle of Pines. Just hope we get good weather. Can't wait to do a

whole lot of nothing!!!

wait what, you broke your leg on a boat??? details bro..

whole lot of nothing!!!

wait what, you broke your leg on a boat??? details bro..

On one of the islands, half drunk doing flips off the cliffs and hit the bottom/a rock.

Hot damn it hurt.

haahaha alright, that makes much more sense.. i was picturing you on a pirateship swinging over to another boat and smashing your leg or some shit hahahahaha

Should be a good trip, I did most of those places.

Doing nothing is the best, when at sea I would get up in the morn go have a buffet breakfast then chill out on the deck drinking, buffet lunch, followed by more drinking, 5 coarse dinner then drink some more, party and repeat :)

And then have quiet days swimming and chilling at the islands

When do you go?

Going at the start of Ictober.

i went on a p & o cruise at the start of the year, they check bags through scanners and they check your body with like 3 different scanners. going to be pretty tricky!

Yea as far as I know they ate doing more thorough checks since that incident when that chick OD'd a while back.