Sign in to follow this  
Ant Stefano

Best place in Melbourne to get my S15 Silvia tuned? Cost?

Chequered tuning are really good and usually around $600 for a full tune. They are near Dandenong tho so maybe too far?

Edited by SR20_TOY

Dandenong is on the opposite side of Melbourne lol.

Chasers Motorworks in West Melbourne is your best bet, the Tuner there (Paul) is an ex-MoTec engineer

Also interested in this for a tune coming up, need a Nistune install and then tuned, any idea how much?

Chequered tuning - Around $850-$1k installed and tuned from memory

Chasers was less than that if I remember correctly. Best if you give them a call for a quote

Chasers was less than that if I remember correctly. Best if you give them a call for a quote

http://www.chequeredtuning.com/new/?q=node/22

The tune Fee is not just a tune charge but a goodwill charge which means we take on FULL responsibility for said tune... any cold start issues etc we will cover and not recharge to remedy if need be (rare but possible). Any engine mods done down the track get charged @ 150 P/hour,we can do this as we have our good base to work from (most mods only take an hour or two at the most to tune for).

Pretty sure it was $850 for full tune and install, but depending if you have issues or need extra time could be a little more. Best to SMS/Email them for a quote - Trent & Cat really do go out of their way to look after you.

+1 trent and cat really go the extra mile

Dr. Drift would be the closest to you, he's in Brooklyn.

Willing to go further if its worth it? Chequered or Chassers sound like the go thanks boys, would I be better to go to one or the other? If there just as good as eachother who has better service and prices? Thanks heaps guys

I would highly recommend frank from allsparks. Wouldn't trust anyone else with my car. here's he's number if you wanna call to get a quote (03) 9331-6110. Located in keilor east

I've heard all sparks from a couple guys I've got on fb too... I basically added chasers, allsparks & chequered's pages on facebook and msg'd them all similar things about cost & availability I'll wait for responses to make my choice I guess.

I've heard all sparks from a couple guys I've got on fb too... I basically added chasers, allsparks & chequered's pages on facebook and msg'd them all similar things about cost & availability I'll wait for responses to make my choice I guess.

are you serious? how hard is it to pick up the phone and call them?

Being Sunday I assumed they'd be closed, also saves me the hassle of using my all my lunch break calling up places being rushed not home from work until 7 so the email was the easiest option at the time champ..

It depends what you want tuned.

Stock S15, you will need either a nistune or power fc ( or completely new ecu)

Cheapest is nistune. Chequered Tuning do drive in drive out for $850 (if you have nissan injectors, same price with different injectors they recommend 1 night for the cold start tune)

In the end you get what you pay for. I have no doubt there's cheaper places but I wouldn't let them touch my ECU.

another vote for dr drift, had my car done by him twice. awesome job, not too pricey either

Edited by harvey-n

Being Sunday I assumed they'd be closed, also saves me the hassle of using my all my lunch break calling up places being rushed not home from work until 7 so the email was the easiest option at the time champ..

they prob are, but it is still the worst way to go about it. considering it is a 5 min phone call, especially if they have followup questions etc.. what else are you going to do over lunch? hang out and read the paper.

Already have the nistune boss, along with some basic mods, got reply's from them going to call up on monday cause its my rdo & book in somewhere ill let you guys know how I go...

+1 for chasers footscrazy, he tuned my FC rx7 and everytime it ran like a dream, I was always picky and once I found Paul there I never changed tuners

+1 for chasers footscrazy, he tuned my FC rx7 and everytime it ran like a dream, I was always picky and once I found Paul there I never changed tuners

After this week, Trent/Cat from Chequered should be able to fit you in.

I got lucky and was able to get a 10am slot for tomorrow (Which is unreal considering they are working back late getting cars ready for DECA and Vicdrift on the weekend).

Their shit is insane. Very helpful and insightful.. Can't wait to see the results! They are even doing a few extra things for me to help me out getting the car going free of charge. Great service!

chequered tuning hands f King down! tuned my car, best service and awesome price, LOL @ chasers....