Sign in to follow this  
OHN.050

Sprint / Time Attack Nissan Onevia

Problem is working 2 jobs. I need to look into it and get all the dates and nut out when I can get out... There's a QR prac day coming up i'm thinking of taking the day off work...

Lakeside is the 24th of august. I really need to get to QR some time this year but it just makes the trip heaps further than lakeside for me

Lakeside is the 24th of august. I really need to get to QR some time this year but it just makes the trip heaps further than lakeside for me

Would be keen! I need a lot more seat time - As im very skittish in the car still

yeah man seat time is valuable. Its going to be a sad day when i'm not cranking out PBs every round

yeah man seat time is valuable. Its going to be a sad day when i'm not cranking out PBs every round
Brilliant haha

I believe there is a test and tune day on the 7th @ QR - I'm going to take the day off for this and head out - Will be my first serious-ish track day since the tune / paint. Just bought a new battery for the car - Will fix all my starting issues and looking forward to getting more seat time. Having a photo shoot this Sunday and also going to the drags Saturday for the test and tune - See how slow she is down the 1/4 - All that is left then is seeing if I fit with my helmet and setting up my harness...

Nice paint on your car man. Glad you didn't go for pink.

I was never going for pink! It was a toss up between a Red/Blue colour -Glad I chose this.

I was always going for pink! It was never a toss up between a Red/Blue colour -Glad I chose this.

Oh I thought so. Haha just kidding

I was always going for pink! It was never a toss up between a Red/Blue colour -Glad I chose this.
Oh I thought so. Haha just kidding
Haha thanks. New battery and some "moulding" of the front wheel area this weekend. Nothing to exciting. No updates until my next track day

Nothing major here - Upgraded to some solid alloy engine mounts.

Went out to the drags for my first time ever.

Managed a 13.7 @ 101mph

Has massive issues with2nd to 3rd when the box warmed up.

1.7 sec 60ft which I was happy with

Excited to actually be driving her again.

Nothing major here - Upgraded to some solid alloy engine mounts.

Went out to the drags for my first time ever.

Managed a 13.7 @ 101mph

Has massive issues with2nd to 3rd when the box warmed up.

1.7 sec 60ft which I was happy with

Excited to actually be driving her again.

Yeah? Sweet I went to the drags on Wednesday night. Managed a 13.5 with a 2.5sec 60'...

With some decent tyres I'll probably see low 12s lol

I'm in the same boat!

3rd gear was wiping off ALL my speed.

I'm keen to go back

As much motorsport as possible this year!

I couldn't get into 3rd!

So yeah, having to triple clutch really killed my top end. Still happy with a 13 tho.

Might decide to go back soon and see if I can sort it.

Posting back in the Racing thread - As I've finally booked for my first Time Attack day. Lake Side round 1 - 22nd March - It's going to be a fun day - Never done Lakeside and have been warned - So I will be taking it easy.

Currently on my to do list before the event:

Fit fire extinguisher

Fit sticker kit

Connect battery isolator

Fit harness

Fit new pads

Fill with new fluid

Remove diff and fit new NISMO 2 Way

Get new tyres (Checking today to see how many I need)

Going to be fun - Can't wait!

Thanks mate! I'm stuck in the open class - So no chance - I'll be 100% dead last. But it'll be fun regardless!

So... Small update missed my last trackday due to a failure (knuckle) - Mercury Motorsport helped out to replace and fix some issues - Can't recommend the enough!

Running on fumes for coin as I bought a new daily too - Few pics below.

My Cube 2.jpg

My Cube.jpg

My Dash 1.jpg

My Dash.jpg

Racecar!.jpg

Edited by OHN.050

Haha - It's a great little car - So ... well I wouldn't call it fun to drive, but it actually feels fun lol.

Good on fuel - Comfy -Best drive in / sleeping car ever haa

I had a track day at Marulan near Goulburn and there was a Nissan Cube club there with like 6 of them. Haha was good to see.

HAHAHA! Man, I reckon they would be fun to do up.

Fit a GTI-R Engine, would befun

No excuses this time. Track day booked and paid for. Jap Nats @ QR then onto round 2 @ Lakeside for the time attack series. Car is running mint - Should be good.

So - Went and hit up JAP NATS @ Queensland Raceway on Saturday - I was hoping to get a 1:10 or so on the Clubman circuit - As it was the first time at QR driving, first time driving since tune etc.

Session 1 - 1:14 - 1:10 - Fairly happy, felt slow. Session 2 I followed a faster car in the group - Little MX5 - Pulled consistent 1:08's.

Session 3 - I went out front and had a few good runs - 1:07's consistent (Within .5 secs)

Session 4 - Got down to 1:06.9 - Session 5 did my PB - 1:06.5

There is ALOT more in the car, wasn't sideway, was coasting in to corners etc.

I honestly think, with no modifications and a heap more seat time - I could get down to 1:02 / 1:01's

Car was amazing, drove 1hour there. 25 hot laps, 1 1/2 hour happy laps, then drove home. Didn't miss a beat.

Got out to Lakeside on the 31st - Very very fun course. Found a weakness - When the car hits 175 + (Just before the start/finish) have a massive shudder in the rear end.

So best I got out of the day was a 1:07 - With ALOT of coasting, braking early etc.

Gave it a lot of respect like everyone warned me. Happy with the time. Just need to start booking more seat time and go from there!

So - I've neglected the page and the car a fair bit lately - I've decided i'm going to try hit all of the Queensland Time Attack rounds for 2015. Simply for seat time.

Bought some tyres, only thing left is to fix my rear end rattle and fit my fuel cell.

Excited =)

Update:

(Only doing this for me as the forum seems to be slowly dying :( )

20/1/15 -

Booked and paid for the first round of Scott' Rods Time Attack series (QR)

Kicks off 12/1/5 - To do list before hand:

Fuel cell mounting

Surge tank mouning

Connect it all.

Fit new tyres

nice and clean, keep it up

Sign in to follow this