Sign in to follow this  
Marko

periphery touring

periphery are doing an east coast tour later this month. just seeing if there are any fans? I love these guys, the brisbane show will be my third time seeing them in a year (previous 2 in London).

They're touring with Animals as Leaders.

For sure. I've seen both bands before too - I'm over the moon that they're playing together. I'm gonna get a drum lesson with Matt Halpern too.

Hes a pretty sick drummer. for having a relatively simple kit he can crank out good stuff. I'd love to get a guitar lesson from misha mansoor from periphery

Yeah, he's had a pretty big influence on me.

Most of these guys have to teach to get by. Look on bandhappy, Misha might be teaching or doing a clinic.

Tosin is giving lessons in Brisbane.

Fk8ng Yes I might actually finally get to see animals as leaders. Missed them last time they were in Melbourne.

Edited by HumanHefner

Ill be at the Melb show!

Third time seeing periphery, first time for AAL

Would be really keen on seeing AAL but it's a pity they aren't coming to Adelaide :(

Was awesome lastnight!!! f**k AAL are tight! So impressive. New song was amazing, gonna be an epic new album which tosin announced has already been recorded. Drummer is ridiculously good and absolutely smashes the f**k out of his kit!

Periphery, once again, need to improve their live sound. AAL totally outdid them. Didn't play any new songs off Clear which sucked but oh well. I got a Bulb pick 😊

In Periphery's defense, it's a bit easier for a trio to sound tight than it is a 6 piece.

I was in more of a periphery mood on the night... Matt G from AAL was impressive but he overplays a bit. Last time I saw AAL it was a guitarists band but now it's like a drum/guitar freakshow.

Yeah true, I just think periphery should play their axe fx's through power amps instead of the PA like AAL do, just sounds way better. And do they really need three guitars live? I know sometimes there are 3 parts but just adds to the mess.

Normally I hate overplaying drummers too but not in AAL's case, i love it, they've really become a muso's band and I love it. They're just groovy

I was up the back for AAL and the sound quality was top notch and they played tight. I pushed up to the front periphery so i cant comment on sound quality differences between the 2 bands. i should probably give my neck and voice a break next time im at a metal concert and listen up the back hehe